Saint Mary Academic Scholarship
Available to first-time freshmen entering in the fall of 2018.
Our most prestigious award, the Saint Mary Academic Scholarship honors the university’s namesake, Mary, mother of Jesus. The Latin words Sedes Sapientiae (Seat of Wisdom), which appear in our university seal, refer to the wisdom from which all truth flows and which reaches its culmination in Christ, the wisdom of God. These words reflect our dedication to excellence in teaching and learning.
- Half- to full-tuition scholarships are available to entering first-time freshmen and National Merit Scholars.
- Scholarships are renewable for up to seven consecutive semesters if you are an enrolled full-time student with a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
To be considered, you must:
- Apply and be fully admitted to Marian University before October 15, 2017.
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.75.
- Earn the minimum test score listed below on one of the following exams:
- 1200 on the critical reading and math portions of the SAT completed in February 2016 or earlier.
- 1270 on the critical reading and math portions on the new 2016 SAT completed in March 2016 or after.
- 27 ACT composite.
- Demonstrate a record of leadership and community service.
- Commit to an educational experience informed by prayer framed within the context of Marian University’s Franciscan values.
If selected to compete, you will receive an invitation to participate in one of two competition days: (1) Saturday, November 18, 2017 and (2) Saturday, December 2, 2017.
You must indicate your interest by registering for one of these competition dates via the link in included with your invitation no later than November 1, 2017.
If you are selected for this scholarship, you will be notified via U.S. mail about two weeks after the last competition date.
If you are not selected for this scholarship, you will still be eligible for other Marian University scholarships and awards.
For information, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.