Clark H. Byrum School of Business Internship Process
Applying for Internship Position and Course Credit. (180 work hours required for 3 credits.)
Before applying for ANY position within KnightWork, the student must have a resume, reviewed and approved by ICS staff, uploaded into KnightWork.
- Student logs into KnightWork, with existing account information: username = Marian email address; password = sent in prior email, or click Forgot Password link to receive a new one.
- Student must complete profile in KnightWork. (Optional: Student may opt-In to the resume book to allow KnightWork employers to search student resumes. Students will still want to actively apply for internships; do not rely on resume book.) Be sure to indicate your major(s) on the academic profile tab. This is important in order to receive job blasts targeted to particular majors.
- Click on Jobs/Marian Jobs tab.
- Click the drop down arrow in the Position Type box. Choose Internship. Click Search. Student may also perform a Keyword search (e.g. ICS internship, employer name, etc.).
- Click Apply for any position of interest. Student’s resume (previously uploaded and approved) will automatically attach. Follow any further applications instructions explicitly.
- Internship interview. Send a professional, hand-written Thank You note within 48 hours of the interview.
- Upon acceptance of an offer, a draft of the internship information form will appear immediately. Click the Edit Draft button and complete the form for the internship to be considered for course credit. ClickSave.
- Instructor Permission is required for enrollment in all internship courses in the School of Business. The School of Business grants permission based on the internship description the student provides on the form in Step 7. Print the completed internship information form and take it and the drop/add form to the office of the Assistant Dean of Business, St. Francis Hall 012 or St. Francis Hall 023.
- Students register for BUS 365 if the employer is a nonprofit organization, BUS 360 otherwise.
Upon Completion of Internship
Log into KnightWork and click Profile tab.
Click View All in the Experiential Learning section. Click Review.
Choose the Self Evaluation tab.
Complete all fields and click the Save button when complete.
Be sure to remind your employer to log into their account to complete your evaluation.
Internship with an Employer not Listed in KnightWork
The internship provider must register and post their position in KnightWork. Ask the employer to register by visiting KnightWork (marian-csm.symplicity.com/employers). Refer them to the ICS office email@example.com or 317.955.6341 with any questions.