From the CIO
Faculty, Staff, and Students:
The IT Helpdesk is moving to a new ticketing system effective immediately. The new system is SysAid.
Changes you will see:
- Two new easy ways to enter IT Helpdesk tickets
- On the web at http://helpdesk.marian.edu
- By double clicking a new icon on your desktop (Marian University owned devices only)
- Note: to submit IT Helpdesk tickets, please use the forms in the above methods and discontinue use of the email@example.com email address
- Login with MU username/password.
- Templates can be utilized when entering tickets to help fill in information for you.
- Enhanced ability go see the current status of your helpdesk tickets at any time.
Additional Features coming soon!:
- Updated Frequently Asked Questions section to answer the most common HelpDesk questions.
- Real-time online chat with the IT HelpDesk personnel.
As always, please let me know of any questions, concerns or comments!
Assistant Vice President, Chief Information Officer
System Maintenance and Status
Information Technology strives to make all Marian University systems available with as limited interruption's to service as possible; however, ongoing enhancements and improvements are employed to continuously enrich and protect the Marian University technology experience. These activities are completed through scheduled maintenance as necessary. Routine maintenance is limited to Sundays between 12:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Any intermittent access, unavailability, or isolated issues experienced with Marian University systems during this timeframe do not need to be reported. Notice of any other emergency maintenance or system outages will be provided.
If you have any questions or concerns, or if you experience issues with Marian University systems outside of the scheduled window, please contact the IT Help Desk
Current Status of Major Systems
Below is a quick report of the current status of or major systems. Click on them to view a more detailed view.
Green - The system is fully functional.
Yellow - The system is still mostly usable but one or more pieces may not be working correctly
Red - The system is currently not working.