Marian University has an immediate opening for a qualified, highly energetic, and ambitious professional to lead advancement events in support of the Office of Institutional Advancement’s goal to secure significant financial resources to support the university’s goals and strategic plan.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Manager of Advancement Events is responsible for planning and managing Marian University’s advancement and fundraising events, working in collaboration with the Office of the President, Office of Marketing Communications, and colleagues in the Office of Institutional Advancement, among others.
Responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Serve as the internal lead (attendees, volunteers, sponsors, etc.) on signature advancement events in support of the Director of Special Events as the external lead (meal, décor, theme, etc.); signature advancement events include:
- Clayton Circle of Honor (spring)
- Gala (November)
- President’s Appreciation Dinner (spring)
- Scholarship reception (spring)
- Provide oversight to all advancement and fundraising events including:
- Golf outing (summer)
- Regional dinners/meetings
- Ribbon cutting ceremonies/grand openings
- Vision sessions
- Other fundraising/donor relations events as needed
- Support the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement in executing alumni events including:
- Graduation luau (May)
- Homecoming (fall)
- Tea on the Terrace (summer)
- Trick-or-Treat (October)
- Ensure all advancement events focus appropriately on department goals and existing fundraising strategy in terms of:
- Defined purpose/outcomes
- Follow up
- Marketing materials
- Support the Director of Special Events and Office of the President in planning and executing all major events including:
- Family Weekend (fall)
- Graduation (May)
- Wall of Fame (fall/winter)
- Other campus/community events with a fundraising and/or alumni focus
- Support the Director of Advancement Operations to track all expenditures and ensure adherence to event budgets
- Work with the Office of Marketing and Communications in developing all electronic and print materials to promote advancement events
- Work with the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement to develop new events for alumni and parent engagement
- Serve as the advancement liaison to the Presidential Ambassadors program
- With the Advancement Administrative Assistant/Events Coordinator, oversee event attendance including preparation of nametags and seating arrangements
- With the Director of Special Events and Manager of Event Marketing, arrange logistics for events including menu, décor, audio-visual, parking, and staffing (volunteers and others); partner with necessary staff, vendors, committees, volunteers, and catering department
- With the Director of Special Events, monitor the conferences and events website for up-to-date logistic and registration details for all advancement and alumni events
- Monitor and prepare reports on revenue and expenditures on each event ensuring sound financial decisions to achieve fundraising goals
- Maintain process documentation for the execution of annual/reoccurring events including timelines, identified outcomes, suggestions for future events, etc.
- Provide on-site coordination which includes problem-solving, decision-making, and interaction with campus services
- Prepare and provide post-event evaluations for all advancement events
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with special events and management experience preferred; knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University; commitment to collegiality and collaborative decision-making; exceptional interpersonal and communication skills using verbal, written, and electronic mediums; ability to work both independently and in a team environment; conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills; effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment; must be highly detail oriented and have an effective skillset in Microsoft Office programs. Experience with the Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
Marian University is located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation's preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks in the Top 25 of US News & World Report's list of Midwest Region colleges, as well as Money magazine's list of Top 10 schools in Indiana "For Your Money". Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university's culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 10 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state's first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University's football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015 in 9 years of existence. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 41 national titles.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references. All applications should be submitted to email@example.com.
Marian University is an EOE