Campus Housing and Room Selections for Returning Students
If you are a returning student who wants to live on campus for the 2018-19 year, complete your room selection online.
Step One: Complete Your Application(s)
- If you want to return to campus housing and live in a residence hall, complete the online application at housing.marian.edu. We recommend you complete your application as soon as possible and then select a room at a later date.
- If you are interested in living in a campus house or apartment (including the Alverna Community or the Dorothy Day House), there is an additional application you should complete. Applications for campus houses, apartments, and living learning communities are due February 23, 2018. Offers will be extended on March 2 and you have until March 14, 2018 to accept or decline. For information on the application process for specialty housing, click here.
- Complete the application(s) and view/select rooms here.
Step Two: Select Your Room
Room selection is based on and prioritized by your academic standing. For the upcoming year, we consider the number of credit hours you completed before the spring 2018 semester. Current classes do not count toward total credit hours. The breakdown by class standing is:
- Seniors: 94+ credit hours completed
- Juniors: 62-93 credit hours completed
- Sophomores: 30-61 credit hours completed
- Freshmen: 0-29 credit hours completed
Room selection is available at these times:
- Current seniors: Tuesday, March 20
- Current juniors: Thursday, March 22
- Current sophomores: Tuesday, March 27
- Current freshmen: Thursday, March 29
Off-Campus Housing for Returning Students
If you currently live on campus but want to apply to live off campus for next year, you MUST complete an off-campus application by May 1, 2018
Students who apply to live on campus before May 15—and who subsequently decide (and are approved) to live off-campus AFTER May 15—are subject to cancellation fees. The fee structure is as follows:
- Cancellations after May 15: $500
- Cancellations after August 1: $750
- Cancellations after September 2: $1,000
Single Room Applications
A limited number of single rooms are available. Medical and regular singles may be requested on your housing application. You will not be able to select these rooms during the room selection process. Be sure to sign up for a double room while your single request is being processed.