Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Religious Education
It’s not enough to have a good heart and a love of God to be an effective teacher.
Marian University’s bachelor's degree in religious education program will provide you with the hands-on skills, broad knowledge about classroom management and best teaching practices, and prepare you for success as a K-12 classroom teacher in religious schools.
Why choose religious education at Marian?
Get the career preparation and skills you need to become a great teacher who makes a positive impact on students, schools, and communities.
These are just a few of the things that makes Marian's B.A. in religious education unique:
- Continuous internships in educational ministry
- Opportunities to serve in campus ministry
- Retreats and liturgical celebrations
- Spiritual direction
- Sophia Theology and Philosophy Club
- Evening prayer
- Community service and social justice volunteer opportunities
What will you study?
Our B.A. in religious education curriculum includes 40 credit hours of theology coursework on topics including:
- Catholic social teaching
- Sacraments and spirituality
- History of christianity
- Jesus and trinity
- Asian religions
- Psychology of religion
- Theory of religious education
You will complete education courses focusing on subjects like:
- Human growth and development
- English learners and diversity in inclusive classrooms
- Neurodiversity in the classroom
- Creating positive classroom environments
- Teaching in the high school
- Educational practice
You will also complete a seminar project related to religious education well as complete student teaching field experiences in middle or high schools. Four-year plan Course checklist