Authorization and Accreditation
Marian University is designated an approved post-secondary educational institution by the State of Indiana. Marian University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- The Educators College is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Marian's bachelor's degree in nursing is accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The Osteopathic Medical School is regulated by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA). Based on a comprehensive survey (site evaluation) completed in February 2017, at its April 2017 meeting COCA of the AOA, which is authorized to accredit colleges of osteopathic medicine by the U.S. Department of Education, granted accreditation to the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM).
- Other academic programs are approved by the Indiana State Professional Standards Board, the Indiana State Board of Nurses' Registration and Nursing Education, and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
Student Financial Assistance
Marian University is required to provide the following information annually by September 1. The information listed below was provided by Marian's servicer, Tuition Management Systems (TMS), based on student enrollment data provided to them by Marian University.
The applicable statute (§§ 668.164(e)(2)(vii)(A), (f)(4)(iv)(A), § 668.164(e)(2)(vii)(B), (f)(4)(iv)(B)) contains the following information: "No later than September 1, 2017, and then 60 days following the most recently completed award year thereafter, [an institution must] disclose conspicuously on its Web site in a format to be published by the Department: the total consideration, monetary and non-monetary, paid or received by the parties under the terms of the contract; the number of students who had active financial accounts under the contract at any time during the most recently completed award year; and the mean and median of the actual costs incurred by those active account holders."
2017 Data for Marian University’s Prepaid Card Program:
- Total number of students with a prepaid card that were enrolled during the award year: 63
- Mean amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $11.85
- Median amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $7.50
- Total invoice amount paid to TMS for the Refund Program: $5,878.75
If you have questions about the information listed above, please contact the Business Office at email@example.com or 317.955.6020.
Veteran and Military Student Information
Marian University is committed to supporting students who are or were members of the military services and their families.
Marian University certifies the following veteran benefits: Chapter 33 Post-9/11, Chapter 30, Chapter 31, Chapter 35, Chapter 35, 1606, 1607, and VA Voc Rehab.
Marian University also certifies eligibility for the following tuition assistance programs:
Once your tuition assistance application has been approved, Marian will submit an invoice to the appropriate program. The Business Office handles all tuition assistance invoicing, please visit Marian's GI Benefits webpage to view contact information for the student accounts manager.