There's no greater opportunity to change the world than through teaching.
Are you up for the challenge?
Starting with the 2018-19 year, students in the Klipsch Educators College will experience one of the most innovative teacher preparation programs in Indiana and the nation.
If you are among them, you'll graduate with the knowledge and skills to serve as a teacher-leader who inspires young people and makes a difference in your community.
We are committed to preparing K-12 teachers who are:
- Talented in instructional delivery and skilled in classroom management.
- Experienced in building meaningful relationships with students who have diverse backgrounds and educational needs.
- Values-oriented, passionate, and proud to be educators.
Why choose Marian?
You can be confident that the mission-driven Klipsch Educators College is proud to be preparing the next generation of educational leaders with the skills and abilities needed to consistently achieve exemplary learning outcomes for all students.
If you're passionate about teaching, learn what you are made of at Marian University. Join the Klipsch Educators College and earn your degree from a university that's a national model of excellence for developing transformational K-12 teachers and school leaders who want to serve their communities.
We've adopted a fresh approach to teacher education that's transforming schools throughout the United States. Here are a few highlights:
- A five-year program that includes a one-year residency similar to those at Harvard University and New York University.
- The residency is comprised of a one-year paid teaching and mentoring experience during which you'll receive additional supervised training to connect with students in high-need schools. This includes a $18,000 paid masters degree PLUS a $12,000 residency stipend.
- Courses are delivered in an accelerated, eight-to-ten semester format.
- High-achieving high school graduates who enter Marian with AP credit, dual credit, and/or who take summer courses may complete the program in fewer than ten semesters.
- Courses and learning outcomes are focused on building competency-based master skills.
- You will receive early, frequent, and varied classroom experience, including post-graduate mentoring from a master teacher for up to one year.
- For a global perspective on best educational practices, you will study abroad in high-performing schools.
- Upon completion, you will earn both a bachelor's and a master's degree in education.
- You could graduate with little to no student debt.
What will you study?
You will become exceptionally proficient in your chosen content area(s), including in-demand specialties like special education, mathematics, biology, and chemistry, and English as a second language.
Our hands-on, experiential degree programs include:
The Klipsch Educators College is nationally recognized and accredited through NCATE. Talk to us about reciprocal teaching licensure with other states.
What else can we offer?
We're committed to making a values-oriented private education affordable. Nearly 100 percent of our first-time, full-time freshmen receive financial aid in the form of institutional grants and scholarships. Scholarships and financial aid are available.
- If you are a recipient of a 2018-19 Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship (NGHES), you may be eligible for a full-tuition scholarship from Marian University. Applications open on September 1, 2018 and close November 30, 2018. To apply, visit Scholartrack.
- If you are a 21st Century Scholar and a NGHES recipient, you may be eligible for a full-tuition scholarship and free room and board from Marian University.
- Are you a talented minority student who wants to attend Marian University, plans to pursue a career as a K-12 teacher, and wants to teach in Marion County, Indiana for at least two years after graduation? You may be eligible for the Urban Teachers Scholarship - up to $40,000 in scholarships (over four years).
For students who are not NGHES recipients, other forms of university, state, and federal financial aid and scholarships may be available. For more details, contact our Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com or call 317.955.6040.
Find out what you're made of.
If you are considering a career in education—or if you want to sharpen your existing teaching skills with graduate study or a licensure program—talk to us. We'll help you discover what you're made of.