You’re Accepted! Now What?
Checklist for Accepted 2017–18 Transfer Students
As a transfer student, you already know the basic facts about college since you've already taken classes at another university or college. But you may wonder how you'll get connected at Marian University, including how to register for the classes you want and need when the fall semester begins August 21.
Here is some important information about next steps for transfer students.
1. Accept Your Offer of Admission
- To confirm your enrollment, submit a nonrefundable $100 deposit (which will be applied to your first semester fees) ASAP.
- You can pay your deposit online or send a check directly to the Office of Admission.
2. Ensure We Have Your Transcript
- Upon completion of the semester at your last college or university, request an official transcript(s), if applicable), be sent to Marian University.
3. Apply for Financial Aid
- If you are an Indiana resident who wants to qualify for maximum aid, complete the 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 10, 2017.
- Students who live outside Indiana should also complete the FAFSA. Visit the FAFSA website for details about the deadlines that apply to you.
- List Marian University's school code #001821 where indicated on the FAFSA.
4. Arrange For Housing, If Needed
- Learn more about housing and residence life at Marian University, including instructions for room selection and housing applications. Be sure to review our residence life policies as well.
- Transfer students who meet our off-campus residency policy should create a student account and complete an off-campus application.
- If you are under 21, download and complete the Parent Verification Form from the housing application. Completed forms must be notarized by an Indiana notary public OR you and a parent or guardian can submit your form in person at the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
- Once we've reviewed your form, we will notify you if your request is approved or denied.
- If you will live on campus, we must receive your $125 housing deposit before your room assignment will be processed. Deposits may be paid online.
5. Register for New Student Orientation (SOAR)
Our New Student Orientation, Advising and Registration Program (SOAR) ensures transfer students are well-informed about campus amenities, services, and traditions. You'll learn about registering for classes, explore student organizations, and attend special activities designed to help you be successful.
6. Make Payment Arrangements
- Once you are registered for classes, our Business Office will send you a bill that includes the balance due for your fall semester tuition, fees, and (if you will live on campus) room and board.
- The bill will include a due date by which we must have confirmed payment arrangements. If your bill is not paid in full, or if payment arrangements have not been made, by the due date, you will be subject to late fees.
- We offer convenient monthly payment options, which allow all or part of your expenses to be spread over a period of time. Administered by Tuition Management Systems, Inc., payment plans are available for all students and/or parents.
- You will receive more information about your tuition bill and fees soon. If you have questions, contact our Business Office.
7. Complete Your Student Health Records
8. Finalize Last-Minute Details
Student success is important at Marian University. We want to ensure your semester gets off to a great start! That's why we created Knight Quest, an event for students and families who need to finalize or confirm information in order to complete the acceptance and registration process before classes begin.
- You may not move into your room in a campus residence hall or attend classes until all required admission forms and documents are completed.
- If you do not attend Knight Quest, you will be administratively withdrawn from your classes for the semester.
- If you are a new student-athlete who will compete in one of our athletic programs, your coach or program director will notify you if you are required to attend an early Knight Quest session.
For the latest campus news and developments, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels. Welcome to the Marian University family!